Live the Life You Want!
The National Federation of the Blind of Indiana knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. Live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back!
Weekly Live Chats
Join us live, Saturdays at 2PM Eastern, 1PM Central, using Zoom Conference. Pam Schnurr, first Vice President, NFB of Indiana moderates these open discussions. Share what you do to stay busy, difficulties you are experiencing and useful tips. Ask for help with any problems you are having. Help each other, prevent feelings of isolation and make new friends. Give us suggestions for future topics you would like us to discuss. Connect using your telephone, iPhone, tablet or windows computer.
Listen to first NFB Indiana Weekly Meeting Using Zoom Conference, April 4, 2020
Links for Zoom Software and Apps
- Download Zoom for Windows
- Download Zoom for Mac
- Get ZOOM Cloud Meetings for iPhone or iPad from the App Store
- Get ZOOM Cloud Meetings for Android from Google Play
To read CoronaVirus COVID-19 information On NFB-NEWSLINE using the telephone, press 5 from the main menu, press 1 for Breaking News, and 1 again for virus information. If using the NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile iOS app, look for virus information under the “All Publications” section.
NFB-NEWSLINE® Indiana allows the blind, and those unable to read print, to read over 500 newspapers, magazines, TV listings and career opportunities. No affiliation with any blindness organization is required. Access with your iPhone, computer, Amazon Echo, Victor Reader Stream and telephone. Share with family, friends, fellow students, coworkers, and any Indiana resident you think may be interested in this free service. Sign up for the Free NFB-NEWSLINE® Indiana Service today.
- Blind and Low-Vision Participants Needed for Research Study on Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Using NFB Newsline with your Voice
- Blind Americans Discriminated by Restaurants and Other Services During COVID-19 Crisis
- Latest Correct Info for Stimulus Payments
- Has your Alexa for NFB-NEWSLINE gone silent?
- NFB Urges Governors to Issue Accessible Executive Orders Regarding COVID-19
- COVID-19 Information Available in Braille and Audio Via NFB Newsline
- National Federation of the Blind COVID-19 Public Events Policy
- Blind Americans Settle Lawsuit against Social Security Administration to Improve Access to Kiosks
- COVID-19 Guidance for NFB Leaders, affiliate boards and chapter presidents