- Are You Ready to be the Voice?
- Do you already have advocacy experience?
- Are you committed to making social and disability justice change?
- Are you ready to be part of leading the disability rights movement in Indiana?
- Do you want to stretch your limits and strengthen your capabilities as a disability rights leader and advocate?
- Do you believe in the motto Nothing About Us, Without Us and that Disability Rights are Civil Rights?
- If so – Advocates in Action may be for you
Advocates in Action is an advanced disability leadership and systemic advocacy training program and practicum developed by the Indiana Statewide Independent Living Council (INSILC). INSILC strives to build greater capacity within Hoosier Advocates with disabilities, bolstering their ability to better affect public policy, foster social change, and empower their peers with disabilities to lead and control their own lives. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to join your peers with disabilities and learn from leading national disability rights trainers/experts with disabilities on how to greatly enhance your existing advocacy skills, put these skills into action and BE THE VOICE to advance the independence, productivity, and inclusion of your peers with disabilities in society.