NFB of Indiana 2021 Convention Sponsors
View Interview with Denise Avant, National Federation of the Blind Representative Presented by NFB Newsline Indiana.
Listen to Presidential Reports from Indianapolis, Circle City, Michiana, At Large and Lafayette Chapters, Plus Merchants division
View Presidential Reports from Indianapolis, Circle City, Michiana, At Large and Lafayette Chapters, Plus Merchants division
Friday, October 8, 2021
Saturday, October 9, 2021Saturday Morning Session
Listen to Panel Discussion: The Illusion of Inclusion: Working in the shadows of equal employment opportunities Moderator: Dr. Evette Simmons-Reed, Co-Chair NFB Indiana Diversity, Equity and Inclusion CommitteeSaturday Afternoon Session
Listen to Community Service Jeanetta Price, Community Service Division President, National Federation of the Blind; plus Tammy Hollingsworth, Cori Wills and Susan Jones share their experiences
Sunday, October 10
Listen to NFB Indiana Elections and Business Meeting
Nominating Committee Report NFBI 2021 Elections Audit committee Report. Resolutions Vote, Chris Hollingsworth Message from Ron Brown 2022 NFBI State Convention in Lafayette
NFB Indiana 2020 Convention Audio and Video
October 8, 2020
Friday Sessions, October 9, 2020
Watch Diversity and Inclusion Workshop: Intersectionality of Cultural Identities
Listen to Diversity and Inclusion Workshop: Intersectionality of Cultural Identities
Read Objectives for Diversity and Inclusion Workshop: Intersectionality of Cultural Identities (PDF)
Listen to Blind Inc., Rachel R Kuntz
Listen to Bosma Enterprises, Raymond Montgomery
Listen to EasterSeals Crossroads INDATA Project, Tracy Castillo
Listen to Hadley School for the Blind, Colleen Wunderlich
Listen to Using NFB Newsline with Amazon Alexa, Lee Martin
Listen to Groceries and More, Delivered to Your Door, Walmart and InstaCart, Michael Lauf and LeRon Carter
Listen to Starting Your Own Podcast Using Anchor.FM, Tyler Scherck
Listen to What’s New in iOS14 for the iPhone, Tony Schnurr
Friday Evening Events
Saturday General Session: October 10, 2020
Listen to Opening Invocation, Abby Fleenor
Listen to NFB Pledge, Jordan Devero; NFB Brand, Jada Devero; Color Guard and Pledge of Allegiance, 2018 National Convention
Listen to Welcome from Indianapolis and Circle City chapters
Listen to Presidential Report by National President Mark Riccobono
Saturday Afternoon Session
Listen to Michael Hingson, Living in the 21st Century: One NFB Member’s Perspective
Listen to Discussion Panel: Kaleidoscope of Cultures
Read Kaleidoscope of Cultures (PDF)
Read Congenitally VS. Adventitiously Blind (PDF)
Listen to Working During Covid
Read Working During Covid (PDF)
Watch Absentee Voting and the Omni Ballot, Democracy Live
Listen to Absentee Voting and the Omni Ballot, Democracy Live
Listen to 2020 Resolutions, Chris Hollingsworth
Read NFB Indiana 2020 Resolutions, (PDF)
Saturday Evening Banquet
Listen to Banquet Invocation, LeRon carter
Watch Banquet Speech by National President, Mark riccobono
Listen to Banquet Speech, National President, Mark riccobono
Listen to NFB Indiana 2020 Scholarship Winners, Diane Graves
Listen to a Tribute to Our Blind Brothers and Sisters Who Have Passed
Listen to Full 2020 NFB Indiana Banquet
2020 Live EventsListen to Blind Sports in Indiana including Beep Baseball, GoalBall, Blind Hockey, Bowling and Blind Cricket
Listen to Talking televisions, Talking blood sugar readings and iPhone SE 2nd Generation
Listen to 30 Minute Demo of Using Instacart
Listen to NFB of Indiana Board Meeting for April 18, 2020
Friday, October 25, 2019
- Listen to Interview with Ron Brown, NFB of Indiana President.
- Listen to Interview with Carla McQuillan, NFB of Oregon State President.
- Listen to Interview with Cathy Jackson, NFB of Kentucky State President.
- Listen to Interview with Rebekah blackburn.
- Listen to Interview with Enrique Alleyne.
- Listen to Interview with Deanna Austin, discussing Benefits and Services Available to Blinded Veterans.
- Listen to Newsline Interview and Demo of Accessible Express vote Machine.
- Listen to Services Available from Easter Seals in Indianapolis.
- Listen to Interview with Indiana Statewide Independent Living Council.
- Listen to iPhone Beginner Basics; Presenter, Tony Schnurr.
- Listen to Advanced I-Phone Workshop; Presenter, Tony Schnurr.
- Listen to Aira Demonstration; Presenter Lee Martin
- Listen to NFB of Indiana Board Meeting
Saturday, October 26, 2019
- Listen to Convention called To order; Ron Brown, President and invocation, Tyler Sherck.
- Listen to Welcoming remarks, Frank Ricks, Host Chapter President.
- Listen to Welcome, Mayor Tom Henry, Fort Wayne Indiana.
- Listen to National Report, Carla McQuillan. NFB National Representative.
- Listen to Work Incentives for the Blind; Senior Medicare and Medicaid Benefits, Nancy Winters
- Listen to Medicare Benefits and Plans Explained, LaTrice Jeter
- Listen to STEP Program
- Listen to BELL Program
- Listen to Justice for All, Advocacy in Action!
- Listen to Darnell Booker, Indy thunder Beep Baseball
- Listen to Daniel Belding, Indiana Blind Hockey League Listen to Daryl Walker, Indiana Goal Ball
- Listen to Fort Wayne League for the Blind and Disabled, John Guingrich.
- Listen to Growing Strong, Building Chapters Through Membership. Tammy Hollingsworth.
- Listen to NFB National Events and Opportunities. Ron Brown, Carla McQuillan.
- Listen to Entrepreneurship For the Blind, Chris Hollingsworth, Randolph Shepherd Vending; Nickie Pearl, Orientation And Mobility.
- Listen to Banquet Keynote by Carla McQuillan, NFB of Oregon State President.
- Listen to NFB of Indiana Scholarships.
- Listen to Progressive auction.
Sunday, October 27, 2019
- Listen to Praise and Worship.
- Listen to Sunday Convention call to Order, and Invocation.
- Listen to Nominating committee and elections.
- Listen to Switching from AT&T to Zoom Conference.
- Listen to Treasurer’s Report, Mika Baugh.
- Listen to Presidential Report.
- Listen to circle city chapter Report.
- Listen to Indianapolis Chapter Report.
- Listen to Fort Wayne Chapter Report.
- Listen to Michiana chapter Report.
- Listen to At Large Chapter Report.
- Listen to Merchants Division Report.
- Listen to Blind Parents Division Report.
- Listen to Closing Remarks, Resolutions and 2020 Convention.
Thursday, October 11, 2018
Friday, October 12, 2018
Saturday, October 13, 2018
- Listen to National Report by Dr. Marc Maurer
- Listen to Taking Them To Task: Your Right to Fight as a Self-Advocate. | Kaiti Shelton
- Listen to The Youth are our Future: STEM-2-U and the BELL Program. | Moderators: Mika Baugh & Barbara Dosch
- Listen to Employment for All, Presented by Brian Gilbert & Tina Skeel
- Listen to Navigating Blindness through Bosma Enterprises, Moderated by James Michaels and Jeff Mittman
- Listen to Fitness and Fun: Blind Sports in Indiana. Presenters: Darnell Booker, Indy Thunder; and Joe Higdon, Blind Bowling League.
- Listen to Reflections of a Federationist. | Ron Brown, President, NFBI; Pamela Schnurr, Vice-President, NFBI
- Listen to Technology for Independent Information Gathering
- Listen to AIRA with New Glasses
- Listen to 3D Tactile Graphics
- Listen to Philosophy 101: Why I am a Federationist, Presented by Marc Maurer
Saturday Evening NFB Indiana Convention Banquet
MC. Pamela Schnurr, NFBI Vice-President
- Listen to NFB Indiana Trivia
- Listen to NFB Indiana 2018 Scholarship Applicants and Recipient
- Listen to Keynote Speech by NFB Immediate Past President, Dr. Marc Maurer
Sunday, October 14, 2018
- Listen to Worship and Devotions
- Listen to 2018 Elections
- Listen to Treasurer’s Report delivered by Tami Jones
- Listen to Chapter and DivisionReports
- Listen to Closing Remarks from Dr. Marc Maurer and NFB Indiana President Ron Brown
2017 NFB of Indiana Convention Audio
- Banquet speech by Indiana national representative and Illinois President Denise Avant
- Current and important NFB Initiatives
- 2017 NFB of Indiana scholarship applicants and winner
- There’s an app for that, People share their favorite iOS apps
- AIRA Glass, opening up a new world of opportunity for the blind
- Bell Program, Braille Enrichment for Literacy and learning
- Indiana Governors Council, funding for state and national conventions and advocacy
- HR-1990, bill that could cause over 400 blind vendors to lose their livelihoods
- Effectively communicating with legislators to get results
- The right to Parent, legislation to ensure blind parents rights are protected
- White Cane Independence, three stories of success and overcoming fear